Thursday 22 January 2015

Carrying on

It feels impossible doesn't it? Getting over someone you cared so much for, and knowing that one tiny spark of hope exists can prevent you from carrying on, but it is hurting you constantly.

If that is you, you don't deserve to love, because you don't love yourself. Why do you want to go through so much emotional pain and torture when you have no clue if the person you cared so much for has any feelings for you. 

I took a good whole year to get over someone I had a crush on, and after getting over her? I feel great, I feel happier than before. I don't constantly worry about what she is thinking about anymore, I no longer get jealous whenever I see her with someone else. She has become a memory of my past, a memory that makes me wiser, but a memory can never affect me.

How did I do it? Distracting myself doesn't work, it makes me more of an asshole. But acceptance is what allowed me to carry on, accepting the fact that she is not the one for me, accepting the fact that I am allowing my emotions to hurt me. That is what makes someone stronger and more confident. If you don't learn to accept, you will never love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment